The Visual Guide To Extra Dimensions: Visualizing The Fourth Dimension, Higher-Dimensional Polytopes, And Curved Hypersurfaces
Posted on 2018-10-12, by manhneovn.
AUTHOR: Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in particle physics from Oklahoma State University. Dr. McMullen currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. His background on the geometry and physics of a possible fourth dimension of space includes a half-dozen research papers on the prospects of discovering large extra dimensions at the Large Hadron Collider.
DESCRIPTION: This book takes you on a visual tour of a fourth dimension of space. It is much more visual and conceptual than algebraic, yet it is detailed and technical, with the intention of satisfying the needs of mathematically-minded readers familiar with the fundamentals of algebra, geometry, and graphing. Here is a sample of what you will find:
A fascinating tour of the second and lower dimensions, which will help to understand the fourth dimension by analogy.
A chapter dedicated toward imagining what it might be like to live in a hypothetical 4D hyperuniverse. This includes details like 4D wheels with axles, a 4D staircase, and a 4D room.
Pictures of flat 4D objects called polytopes, like the tesseract, pentachoron, and icositetrachoron. A unique graph of a hecatonicosachoron has 12 of its 120 bounding dodecahedra highlighted to help visualize its complicated structure.
In-depth discussion of the hypercube, including numerical patterns, rotations, cross sections, and perspective. Watch a tesseract unfold.
Visual intersections of 15 pairs of perpendicular planes and 6 pairs of orthogonal hyperplanes in 4D space.
Unique graphs of curved hypersurfaces in 4D space, like the glome, spherinder, cubinder, and hyperparaboloid.
PUZZLES: Several puzzles are included to challenge the reader to contemplate the fourth dimension. Answers are included at the back of the book.
AUDIENCE: This book is highly visual and very conceptual such that anyone with an appreciation for geometry may understand it, while at the same time including ample detail to also satisfy readers with a strong background in mathematics.
- Ebooks list page : 37411
- 2018-06-24The Visual Guide To Extra Dimensions, Volume 1
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought
- 2013-07-09Tony Robbin, "Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought" (repost)
- 2010-10-26Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought
- 2008-12-05Shadows of Reality: The Fourth Dimension in Relativity, Cubism, and Modern Thought
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2011-08-09The Systemic Dimension of Globalization
- 2017-11-23[PDF] A Visual Introduction to the Fourth Dimension (Rectangular 4D Geometry)
- 2018-10-06Art Meets Mathematics in the Fourth Dimension (2nd edition)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Accelerated Cosmic Expansion: Proceedings of the Fourth International Meeting on Gravitation and Cosmology (Astrophysics and Space Science Proceedings)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Art Meets Mathematics in the Fourth Dimension
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Fourth Dimension: Toward a Geometry of Higher Reality
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Fractal Dimension of Architecture (Mathematics and the Built Environment)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Transnational Dimension of Cyber Crime and Terrorism (Studies of Nationalities)
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Eschatology and Space: The Lost Dimension in Theology Past and Present
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Double Your Business: How to break through the barriers to higher growth, turnover and profit (Financial Times Series)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Maniacs in the Fourth Dimension: A work of fiction
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Deeper Dimension of Yoga: Theory and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.